A motel, an abbreviation for “motor hotel”, is a small-sized low-rise lodging institution much like a limited service, lower-cost hotel, but sometimes with direct access to individual rooms from the car park. Motels have been constructed to serve road travellers, together with travellers on street trip vacations and staff who drive for their job (travelling salespeople, truck drivers, and so forth.). Common in the course of the Fifties and 1960s, motels have been usually positioned adjoining to a major highway, where they were constructed on inexpensive land at the fringe of towns or alongside stretches of freeway. These cookies allow us to obtain related info on Website use and the effectiveness of the out there choices and content material.
- Some examples of chains with motels include EconoLodge, Motel 6, Super 8, and Travelodge.
- Similar to restricted and choose service hotels, on-site amenities are normally restricted and most extended keep hotels lack an on-site restaurant.
- Capsule hotels are a kind of economical hotel first launched in Japan, where individuals sleep in stacks of rectangular containers.
- That’s how we all know our evaluations come from real visitors who’ve stayed on the property.
- MELIA doesn’t sell, manage, management, nor endorse any content material,